Question to 12" Powerbook owners...

skidaniel

Registered
Is your 12" Albook serving as a desktop replacement or supplement?

I tested one in an Apple store recently and thought it was kinda slow, noticably slower than the 15" TiBook.

I love the Aluminum, new design, fit and finish was incredible. Definately a beautiful laptop.

What are your thoughts?

Happy Computing,

Dan

I bought the 12 inch as my primary computer. it's much faster than my 600m iMac. I was worried about it being too small (or too hot) but neither has been a problem for me. I love it!
:)

But can the 12 incher display to an Apple 17 inch or 20 inch LCD external display? Isn't it just VGA and not DVI or ADC?

I have a funny Foxtrot comic strip haning up at work...

It was just after New Years and the mother asked her kids to make new years resolutions. The youngest (the geeky kid with the iFruit) answered 1600x1024.

lol

Originally posted by Aeronyth
Am i the only one that would go insane with a 12 inch screen? ...

Nope. I have one on my iBook and I think it's insanely great for a mobile computer. Small computer, take it anywhere in anybag? and if you need a larger screen for 'real work', just hook it up to a bigger LCD, like I do with my 17" TFT (VGA connection).

Oh, there are adapters for those Apple displays...

I'll use the 12" PB as replacement for my clamshell iBook, which is my desktop 'replacement' right now, without external screen ... I've got two old Apple monitors (an A4 monitor and a regular 17") that I'm going to hook up to the 12" when I get it (this friday).

Can someone confirm this for me? The 12 inch outputs VGA but the Apple 17 inch LCD wants ADC, right? Does anyone know how much a VGA to ADC adaptor would cost?

P.S. Apple sells a DVI to ADC adaptor which I assume would not work for the 12 inch.

My 15" powerbook included the ADC-->VGA connector...

My problem is that I have an OLD Apple 20" monitor with that Apple-only video connector. So I need to get a VGA-->Apple connector to make mine work. :(

[edit]Oops... I think I read that wrong.

The 12" has VGA out??? ReallY???

The 15" definately has ADC.[/edit]

I too am considering the 12 inch as my primary computer but with a 17 inch LCD monitor. Since the 12 inch can only do VGA and not DVI can someone tell me if the external monitor quality is much poorer with the 12 inch than with the 15.2 inch? Many thanks.

Originally posted by TommyWillB
My 15" powerbook included the ADC-->VGA connector...

My problem is that I have an OLD Apple 20" monitor with that Apple-only video connector. So I need to get a VGA-->Apple connector to make mine work. :(

[edit]Oops... I think I read that wrong.

The 12" has VGA out??? ReallY???

The 15" definately has ADC.[/edit]

You mean DVI - VGA. There are no ADC ports on any powerbooks. I found a few links for a VGA to Mac cable.

http://www.inlineinc.com/products/adapters/9000.htm

http://www.national-tech.com/catalog/macvgamonitoradaptors.htm

Hopefully that helps.

Back