Quicktime 6.1 is out!

ok, it's available thru QT updater - system prefs>Quicktime>update

QuickTime 6.1 delivers a number of quality and performance enhancements for audio, video, and full screen playback.

Enhancements include the following:

¥ MPEG-4 video provides more accurate rate control and improved visual quality.
¥ AAC includes new encoder controls and new bit rate options.
¥ DV includes significant encode and decode performance improvements.
¥ QuickTime Pro users will enjoy enhancements in full screen playback, including newly enabled keyboard shortcuts for movie control, faster entry and exit, and improved playback performance.

o.k. it's available all over now. am i imaging it, or are graphics rendering faster after this update? could this be part of apple's fix for the complaints about slow loading graphics in safari?

and don't say it was the reboot because i just did one of those last week and didn't see this difference. so i don't think that was it.

Seems a little faster, the buttons still stick out unlike the other brushed metal apps(except iTunes. I still have problems with one of my Sorenson 3 clips i made with a ton of visuals. Seems to slow down at the intense parts, speeds up a little at others, never keeps a steady 28+. DV codec is perfect, runs flawless, never hangs.

wiz - from my understanding optimization (or prebinding as it is also known) does nothing that would effect the rendering of graphics in browser windows. essentially all it does is make apps lauch faster. this would not explain what i am seeing. even the buttons here at the site are rendering faster.

what ever is causing this, i'm happy with it. :D

i'm still in 10.1.5 and using icab. it isn't happening for me because of safari. but the idea that the fix was located might have come from safari. i don't know how this is effecting safari or anyone else for that matter. that's why i'm asking. maybe i am just imagining it if no one else is noticing this. :eek:

quicktime has nothing to do with any graphics rendering besides movies and the program itself.... no?

i'm not talking about my system, i'm talking about in my browser. browsers have always used plug-ins and helpers to aid in the visual and audio presentation of file types.

I will have to say it is better, but Sorenson still needs a bit more work, or there is just too much movement in my video files to be compressed in that format at a high data rate. Maybe both, but the DV codec is flawless. Always plays at 29 or 30, and plays smooth in the dock too. I just like to see it down in the dock, i guess I have more free time than i like to believe.

So the AVI films will play faster too ? Sorry, I'm a complete jerk in video, can hardly tell differences between compression and some formats.

All I'm concerned in is gaining speed when playing DIVX in fact.

I can never get the AVI format to play. The last time i had one play was way back in OS 9 when i first got this G4 in 2000. MPEGs play great though, previous OS X played like crap, would always hang up, plays smooth now, even off CD-ROM.

Back