Quicktime Audio/Video and Gnutella

simX

Unofficial Mac Genius
Has anyone else noticed that in Mac OS X, whenever you play a Quicktime Movie, the video seems to lag behind the audio a little? It seems to me that people keep finishing (as in sound) their sentences before their lips do. It's really getting on my nerves because I can't decide if it's a problem or not, or if it's just my imagination! Can anyone confirm?

Also, I'm still having a problem with connecting to the Gnutella network, which REALLY annoys me too, because I could before. Does anyone have any idea of what to check for -- which settings could be causing LimeWire/Mactella X not to work? ANY suggestions would be appreciated.

Playing QuickTime movies with video and sound is like a death sentence for me in X on my 350 G3 iMac. I'll hear the sound, and video will lag behind or just cease to exist in a cloud of colors. I did have a little more luck getting videos to stream a bit better by switching my quicktime settings to stream over HTTP instead of UDP, but I still do get video slow down problems and random colors and stuck frames, mostly because Apple forgot that some users use 350MHz G3s still :)

.... care to comment on my Gnutella problems or my Quicktime problems?

I download QT movies from various places and make my own, and the only time the sound is out of sync, I find the person at fault is the person who encoded it improperly... andI can't really find a way to fix it. :-(

I noticed that there are many people who can't even encode decent mp3's. I'm pretty sure there're many people who can't make decent videos, too.

You guys don't understand... it's with ALL QuickTime videos.

Even the ones from apple.com talking about the new Final Cut Pro 3, or the promos for the iPod or the new iBook back in May. They all seem to have the audio just a little bit ahead of the video, and it annoys me to no end. Is this just me?

Back