Quicktime plugin, different media tpes? (was: Please help!!)

imacnet

Registered
Some help please!!!!
Hello every body thanks in advance, i have one strange problem with FIREFOX, in some sites like GAMESPOT that there is QUICKTIME content there's that question mark asking for the QUICKTIME PLUG-IN, but if you go to APPLE or others sites works perfectly, i already checked the INTERNET PLUG-INS FOLDER (in both HD/LIBRARY/INTERNET PLUG-INS and USER/LIBRARY/APPLICATIONS SUPPORT/FIREFOX), and the CONTENTS FOLDER into de FIREFOX.APP, i checked too and created a new user and even erase that little plug in file that FIREFOX creates when it starts up, i installed and unistalled and reinstalled again so i don't know what to do and i really like FIREFOX it is pretty cool and fast (a lot better than SAFARI i know that both use the same technology but FIREFOX ROCKS)

Thank's if you have an answer
Miguel

P.S. i did posted this here 'cause i thought the most appropriate place among all others.

First, please pick a better thread title next time:

http://macosx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271680

Second, it would help to know what kind of media files those sites are serving up -- Real? Windows Media? MPEG1? MPEG2? MPEG4?

You may want to try downloading and installing Flip4Mac's WMV QuickTime components, available with a simple Google search... or even a search here. It's likely that those sites are serving up Windows Media content.

Yeah, this thing with "Please Help!!!!!" thread titles is really getting on my nerves sometimes. :/

1st sorry for my ego centric myself looking thread.
2nd thanks for taking your time to reponse my q you are very gentil.
3rd i already have that program and all the plug ins and still it does not work in those sites so if you can tell me what the problem could it be or what the plug in still lacks.

Thank's for your time.

Can you give a specific link that doesn't work for you? Then we can look at it and see if it works on other Macs, and maybe find out which plugin is needed exactly.

The trailers are Flash video. I could see them with no problem. You might want to go to the location /Applications/Utilities/Java/J2SE5.0 Java Preferences and make sure you are using Java 5.0 by making sure (in Java Preferences) that under the "Java Application Runtime" that J2SE 5.0 is above J2SE 1.4.2. Then restart Safari.

But the problem is not SAFARI the problem is on FIREFOX, NETSCAPE & MOZILLA i already did everything but it still does not work, in the main page of www.gamespot.com (p. ex.) always there is that quicktime question mark i don't understand what the problem is with that please support if you know thanks to ELDIABLOCONCACA and FRYKE for your time.

Back