Registered
Hardware:

Machine Name: iMac G5
Machine Model: PowerMac12,1
CPU Type: PowerPC G5 (3.0)
Number Of CPUs: 1
CPU Speed: 1.9 GHz

Mac OS X: version 10.4.11

About a month ago I started to experience a recurring problem with my iMac. Randomly, while I'm using my system (mostly Mail and Safari) the application seems to disappear and my screen turns all blue. It stays that way for up to a minute and then the application i was using returns. Sometimes it happens frequently, every 10 or 15 minutes or so, and other times I can go for an hour or more without a problem.

A couple of weeks ago, after calling Apple support and having them walk me through a couple of hardware reset routines (shutting down and removing all devices and pressing buttons and holding keys down during the boot process), I brought my machine to the "Genius Bar" at my local Apple store. They did an "erase and re-install" of the OS and all my applications. When that didn't fix the problem, I brought the machine back to them and they kept it for a couple of days and ran "Apple Systems Diagnostics" (ASD). It passed all the tests!

Since the problem persists, I am wondering what other steps i need to take to get my machine healthy again.

Open Console application after that happens the next time (Applications/Utilities) and post the lines from it when it happened - anything that was generated on the time it was blue.

My iMac G5 didn't start doing this until I installed Leopard. I called Apple and they said I had to bring it into the store because it sounded like a hardware issue. I brought it in and they ran all of their fancy tests and said nothing was wrong and they couldn't get it to act up.

As soon as I got it home it was doing the same thing. I don;t even think they used the computer to get it acting up I think they just hooked up all thier fancy diagnostic crap.

The frustrating part is I am still having the issue and now my Apple care is expired (as of the beginning of last month). Some times it lasts for a few seconds, sometimes a few minutes. It happens while on the internet, watching movies or using Adobe design software. I think it has something to do with the video card since it only happens when I am doing things with a lot of graphics.

If I am watching a movie the sound will continue normally when it has a blue screen so it's not a complete system error.

Someone help us!

If you have blue screen problem so you can find the solution on below:
Try this
Boot to the CD. Select the Option to Setup Windows, then you can select the Repair Option.

How to Repair system on below step:

If you have already installed the Recovery Console
So do this:

Step: 1. During Startup, select Recovery Console from the startup options menu.
Step: 2. If you have a dual-boot or multiboot system, select the installation that you want to access from the Recovery Console.
Step: 3. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password.
Step: 4. At the command prompt, type Recovery Console commands, and then you can refer to the commands that are listed in the "Available commands within Windows Recovery Console" section.
Step: 5. At any time, you can type Help for a list of available commands.
Step: 6. At any time, you can type Help commandname for help on a specific command.For example, you can type help attrib to display the help on the attributes command.
Step: 7. At any time, you can exit Windows Recovery Console by typing Exit at the command line.

I'm sure you fix the problem.

Thanks

Back