Recommended DVD-R

Noonster

Registered
What DVD-R disks do people recommend using in the iMac G5?

Getting mine very soon and want to know whats best to backup data onto etc...

Also if you live in the UK please post where to buy them.... if you dont then just let me know which ones.

Thanks in advance.

I have used Datawrite ones with no problems, which I buy in a local computer shop for £10 for 25, just try a local independant computer shop.

^^ Dont really have a local shop - normally would buy online.

Used to use datawrite on the PC - just wasnt sure if they was any good on the mac...

Any links to where to buy online??

best thing is to get anything cheap for common burning but the stuff thats really important to you should be put on something a bit higher in quality. hp, verbatum, imation are all good quality.

I swear by Apple's own DVD-R media. It's competetively priced and is very high quality. I've burned over 60 DVD-Rs with them and haven't had a single coaster yet.

ElDiabloConCaca said:
I swear by Apple's own DVD-R media. It's competetively priced and is very high quality. I've burned over 60 DVD-Rs with them and haven't had a single coaster yet.

Im guessing you just buy them from the apple store ??

Yep. If you plan on doing that, though, I would recommend getting a few boxes of the media to save on shipping charges. I usually get four or five at a time, and I think shipping's around $8.00 or so. I've got an 8x drive, but the extra speed isn't worth the extra cost for the 8x media, so I just get the 4x media which is around $10 a box.

Back