Remote desktop Error

J

joern

Hi,
I installed remote desktop and everything is fine. connection is fine but there is one problem:

- the pc does not recognize my OSX drives. He shows no drives! That means i cannot copy files from my mac to the osx.

It's horrible. I checked and unchecked lots of boxes but nothing seems to work.
Please, please help or i will ripp off my old pc and buy a new external harddrive ;-)

Are you talking about:
- Apple Remote Desktop, OR
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection?

What are the two machines you've set up and which one is running the remote connection client?

A little more clarity would really help on this one.

:) :) :)

I run the Microsoft Remotedesktop Client for Macintosh on my eMac. And I wanna connect with my PC with WindowsXP installed on it.

Thxs for help.

Can I suggest using Command + K which will show your network browser, select your PC - L/P and mount the drive of choice.

I hope that I understood everything.

command+k opens the "connect to server" connection. of course i will find the pc there. this is connex via samba.

but i want to use the remote desktop control. the thing is that it worked several times, but it seems that i changed something in my configuration. originally i saw the osx drives inside the win xp workplace area.....but now the drives are away......

i need to figure this problem out because you can only make "copy &paste" by
1st: selecting the file in the osx drive (inside win xp working place)
2nd: search for the pc hardrive inside the win xp working place and "paste"

"drag & drop" between osx and the remote desktop client is (osx desktop to remote-window) not allowed.

thxs for help.
geez...hope this sh** is readable...

In the logging in screen on Remote Desktop Connection, where you enter the server you wish to connect to, open the options by pressing the little triangle next to "Options".

Under the "Local Resources" tab, make sure you've checked the box for "Disk Drives".

Also, make sure you've turned on Windows File Sharing in Sharing pane of System Preferences.

Thanks but, I checked all these things before posting this problem. windows file sharing, every sharing you can imagine is open on both (mac/pc). also the "show harddrive" in the option menue is checked. It's weired but my drives are not shown.......think I am getting crazy....

pls help

Did you check your winxp firewall? I know, this shouldn't have anything to do with the problem, but why not trying a lucky punch?
Btw, you got winxp pro or home? I heard of many problems in the home edition and networks.
Anyway, you can still connect to your pc via apple+k. In worst case it's just not practical enough, but you can get data from your pc on your mac. Just move your data you want to copy from your pc to your mac to a shared folder... this is not that much worse...

Back