Remove Internet Cleanup Demo?

Sparrowhawk

Registered
Greetings,
I recently installed, and shortly after, removed a demo for Internet Cleanup. Having done so, however, a popup message appears when I fire up my eMac: "Network SpyAlert Protection Expired! The installed demonstration version of Internet Cleanup has expired. To purchase the demo, run the Internet Cleanup application for details".
It's a minor nuisance, but annoying nonetheless. I've searched for possible suspected plists and logs, but can't seem to find whatever needs to be deleted to rid my Mac of this popup. Anyone have any ideas on how to remove this fragment of the program? Thanks for reading, and your suggestions. Sparrowhawk.

OK, I too had this problem and it was a complete pain. I read sites all over the web telling me to log into various admin folders and delete files and tried these often. However, i have found a better, MUCH better solution and believe it or not it comes from the developers of this hideous program. the answer is located at:

http://support.smithmicro.com/cs/smkb.cfg/php.exe/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1878&p_created=1208559091&p_sid=dn2RkR6j&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PWRmbHQmcF9ncmlkc29ydD0mcF9yb3dfY250PTExJnBfcHJvZHM9MzgmcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PTEuMzgmcF9jdj0mcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1hbnN3ZXJzLnNlYXJjaF9ubCZwX3NjZl9vc19zZWxlY3Q9MjImcF9wYWdlPTE*&p_li=&p_topview=1

Regards

Grap

Hughvane: Thanks, but that didn't work for me (it doesn't appear in the "login items"). For me, Grap's solution was the one to use. Meanwhile, I'll not put another smithmicro product on my computer.

Back