Rotating LCD displays

pipermalibu

Registered
I just got a new 2.5Ghz dual G5 and I also added yet another LCD monitor (dual monitor) to it. It is one of a few I own that will rotate from landscape to portrait. That would be AWESOME for me to actually use (photo editing), but I have never seen any utilites that actually support it for mac..... any ideas?

I think this will be a feature in tiger. Never heard of any tool to do so for previous macosx versions.

Certain Radeon cards have this feature (search Google for "Portrait display" "OS X"), but not the ones that come stock on any G5s.

People have suggested RadeonEnabler if you have an ATi card that has been firmware crippled.

No news on the nVidia cards, other than that they have PC software to accomplish this.

lol. I remember back in the "classic" days, there was a CRT monitor from... Radius?... that you could rotate, and came with software for this feat. I thought it was cool... never caught on, sadly.

Apple made a monitor that could do that, I thought. I remember the student newspaper at my university had them for page layout - the monitors were perfect, as they were pretty close to the aspect ratio of a page of newspaper.

Back