Rumor: 10.1.5 in development?

Whoa I thought you photoshopped the first version number and build number screenshots, but that thing you just posted looks real enough. Tell us more!

Remember your PowerBook/iBook would dim in sometime in OS 9? It is also back in this version of OS X. But since I cannot open the Energy Saver, I don't know how actally is it doing. But should be similar to OS 9. I think Apple has improved Energy Saver as well.

I don't know how the Carbonized applications use the anti-aliasing, but I don't see that in Internet Explorer, Office X or any other carbonized applications.

Important.jpg

Well it *says* that *updated* Carbon applications can now use AntiAliasing. So we'll see IE 5.1.5, Office v. X 10.0.4 and AppleWorks 6.2.5, I guess. (Examples.)

Haha! Microsoft won't update til they're good n ready. We'll probably see an updated AppleWorks around that time, unless that last update a few weeks back already has what it takes...

Originally posted by ddma
Yea, it is still 2001. Btw, I have found another new thing:

Eject.jpg

It should be lighter but dimming while I captured it.

It is actually the same as Brightness/Volumn icons.

This is already installed with the current release. It's somewhere in the finder.app package, forgot it's exact name. It's just not linked to anything.

Just updated my iBook to 10.1.5 (beta) and the only real difference I notice is some bluetooth stuff in the network (even though I don't have a bluetooth adapter) and the eject on screen thingy. No carbon apps take advantage of the anti-aliasing, yet... It almost makes you wonder if Apple leaked this purpously to get non-official developers to get their apps working with anti-aliasing.

Also, I've had a new idea: What if 10.1.5 will be released mostly as a pre-jaguar thing to make sure apps work in Jaguar? Like 10.1.5 may have some underlying Jaguar stuff like antialiasing, so if an app is optimized for 10.1.5, then it's optimized for 10.2 as well. Just a thought.

Hey, have you ever tried open the Energy Saver? It doesn't work on my system.

Well.. X.1.5 as pre Jaguar??? well of course..seems normal.. each update is a pre next update...remember installer update and security update??? they were needed for X.1.1 remember x.1.2 was needed to install x.1.3 lol.. Dricci... of course X.1.5 is something to try opout new stuff...

Regarding the leaking thingy... well it leaked for a simple reason..SOMEONE does not know what he/she signed...a CONFIDENTIAL AGREEMENT Apple would NEVER release something like that purposely, neither needs extra develkoper doing the job for them... X.2 has been in progress till september last year, and it will be close to be ready next week, for the Public preview at the WWDC.

And if they released this update on purpose to work on such thing as Open GL (that is a big thing not a small bug fix) then you should be worried...cause if they did not figure that out in a year.....well... they re not going to figure it out in a week......WWDC is close...and X:2 HAS to be ready ...and believe me... knowing how apple orks...IT's Ready

Energy Saver works fine for me.. Looks like there's new options in there but I don't remember what the previous options were.

Back