Rumour: Updated Airports, Two-Button Mouse!

Lasha

Registered
http://ionmac.com/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1110907447&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&

If this rumor about the wireless two button optical mouse comes out to be true, it'll be something amazing. I personally NEVER imagined Apple thinking about making a two button mouse. Rergardless, I think the 1 button mouse will stay as the standard, and the two button mouse would just be an option. :)

And also, nice update to the Airport hardware and stuff! Good for those audio freaks.

"It's unclear when the computer maker plans to introduce the mouse. Insiders warned that anticipation may continue to build for months as the company perfects the product." Points to being pure speculation. And: The story stems from AI: http://appleinsider.com/article.php?id=951 ...

Yep. The scroll wheel would be fantastic.

And yes, it is yet a rumor which can possible happen...

It's a rumor that makes sense to a lot of people, and we do believe what we want to believe. Doesn't make it true, unfortunately.

It does seem logical that with so many right-clicking Windows users under the spell of the magic Mac mini, Apple would have the foresight to finally make a two-button mouse as it could generate a lot of profit.

I'm on the fence on this one -- I just don't know!

I don't think many Mac mini buying PC users would buy an Apple mouse anyway. Unless it had a scroll wheel, too, and would be cheaper than a Logitech or Microsoft mouse. But basically: People only use Apple's mice if they come with the computer. (I'm sure there are people out there actually buying Apple mice, but if we had statistics about this, I'm sure you'll agree people'd use better mice.)

i think he was somewhat disappointed with the current OS as it is anyways, so not likely.

To tell you the truth, i think there are still a few people who want one button mouses (i'm not one of them).

I was reading a review @ the apple store and someone was mentioning how they would never buy a two button mouse

JetwingX said:
To tell you the truth, i think there are still a few people who want one button mouses (i'm not one of them).

I was reading a review @ the apple store and someone was mentioning how they would never buy a two button mouse
Heh.. that's funny. Truthfully, I don't care if Apple continues to make a one-button mouse. I just want the option to select a two-button (with scroll) when I build-to-order my Mac.

whats the loyalty to a single click mouse? yadyadyada... that was the original or whatever, but hey, most gizmos in our lives have evolved, this seems like an impractical one to hold on to. BTW, you can still use your 2,3...10 button mouse like a one button mouse.

Well hell froze over. Apple's doing the unthinkable making a two button mouse. It's going look pretty sweet too. The main reason for doing this is because they want to really take back the windows market too. Well anyway just wanted to see what other mac people thought about this too.

Peace and remember clean underwear are always good, :p

fryke said:
I don't think many Mac mini buying PC users would buy an Apple mouse anyway. Unless it had a scroll wheel, too, and would be cheaper than a Logitech or Microsoft mouse. But basically: People only use Apple's mice if they come with the computer. (I'm sure there are people out there actually buying Apple mice, but if we had statistics about this, I'm sure you'll agree people'd use better mice.)

Yeah, I was considering a Bluetooth mouse from Apple, for my Powerbook.
Then I realised it was one button, that may please some.
But, no offense, that is kind of stupid in my situation. I mainly want a mouse because I don't like using ctrl + click. Getting the Apple mouse wouldn't be the cleverest thing to do.

Convert said:
Yeah, I was considering a Bluetooth mouse from Apple, for my Powerbook.
Then I realised it was one button, that may please some.

Yeah, to be honest, it's actually the major issue I have against purchasing an Apple notebook (that, and limited finances =). I rarely use the notebook in circumstances where a desktop mouse is feasible, and having to deal with the one-button mouse would drive me insane. (I'm not just used to the multi-button mice/trackpads - I tried to force myself to use the stock 1-button for nearly a year on my desktops, but eventually just couldn't take it anymore)

In the end, I'd let my computing needs to drive whether or not I pick up a 'book, but jeeze, I'd almost want to not do it just out of spite...

well i am too impatient for this rumor to actually come true and ended up getting a kensington 5 button + Scroll wireless so i hope that i end up liking it

iTunes for Windows - Hell Froze Over
Mac Mini - mac users say, "expandability?"
Two button mice - mac users say, "what if it had nine buttons instead?!!"

ApeintheShell said:
iTunes for Windows - Hell Froze Over
Mac Mini - mac users say, "expandability?"
Two button mice - mac users say, "what if it had nine buttons instead?!!"
Correction: Mac users say "Finally!"

Watch the first part of this...

http://www.esm.psu.edu/Faculty/Gray/graphics/movies/1984complete.mov

one_finger_mouse.jpg

the two button apple mouse has been done (w/ a scroll wheel) by the company MacMice and it's only $30.00 same price as the Apple one.

Back