Safari acting very wierd with cookies.

kyiosus

Registered
Hello,

I just did a clean install of my mac OS, and I've come across a strange problem. Safari accepts cookies that are automatically stored when visiting a website, however it doesn't accept cookies when logging in to any website, thus not letting me access any account whatsoever. I've moved both the "Safari" folder from my Library folder, and the "com.apple.Safari.plist" file from my Library/Preferences folder so that a new folder/file is created, but to no avail.

Yes, I do have cookies accepted in the preferences. Please, how can I go about fixing this issue? Thanks!

Try moving these files to the Desktop.

~/Library/Cookies/Cookies.plist
~/Library/Application Support/WebFoundation/HTTPCookies.plist

Try moving these files to the Desktop.

~/Library/Cookies/Cookies.plist
~/Library/Application Support/WebFoundation/HTTPCookies.plist

I don't have either a Cookies folder, or a WebFoundation folder in my Library. Is that would could be causing the problem?

What version of OS X are you using?

I'm using 10.4.9. Odd, Safari is accepting cookies fine now, but I didn't modify anything and the Cookies/WebFoundation folders are still not present. Should I be worried that this might happen again, or should I not worry about it? :\

Not sure if it's anything to worry about. I have those files in 10.4.9 on a non Itel Mac.

Back