Safari and wmode = transparent

drustar

Gold Member
Will they fix this bug on the final release of Safari? I sure hope so because when I make my swf movies transparent - only works on IE. I don't think I've tested it with any other browser besides Safari.

Nice .swf! :D Might want to submit a bug report though. I'll do so as well. I would keep that URL up for a while so that when they get around to it they can see what's wrong.

i dont get it, whats the difference?

attached pic from ie and safari, i dont see any difference, is it really subtle or am i stupid?

Attachments

• spot_the_difference.jpg
    spot_the_difference.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 37
Here's the difference. I'm running on IE 5.2.3 by the way. The transparency also worked on 5.2.2.

Attachments

• ie.gif
    ie.gif
    53.3 KB · Views: 33
my version of ie is 5.2.2, actally that is the first time i have loaded up ie since safari beta2

so why does the transparency not work for me? Perhaps it is the flash plugin with issues...

I get the same result as profx, with IE 5.2.2 (5010.1) and Flashplayer 6.

I've just tried it on the PC (WinXP Pro, IE 6.0.2600.0) and the transparency works fine there.

By the way, the PC is on a 56k dial-up modem, the Mac is 512k cable and the page renders quicker than either browser on the Mac.

Lazzo, I have not found a way to make it work. I'm thinking either Flash Player 6 could use a new build or Safari gets a fix for v1.1.

Back to animated gifs, then.

This isn't new; I've had this problem on and off for years. A bit of a penalty as anime gifs usually weigh a lot more than swfs and look ropey in comparison.

Not exactly on topic, but your flash movie is SO much slower in IE on my machine. ;) Love the idea though!!

That looks good! nicely thought out. If only the transparency worked in Safari... still, I'd guess that the mojority of customers will be using IE.

Back