safari is S-L-O-W

allieoop

Registered
Safari has been running very slow for me. Downloaded Safari 4 this morning and I've not noticed any improvement in the speed. Called Rogers (I've got high speed) and they did a speed check and it is working better than normal. I'm running 10.5.7, 2. 1 GHz Power PC G5, 2.5 GB.
Tech at Rogers thinks it might be a malware problem (something to do with popups??). He saw one last week with someone who just bought a brand new macbook. When I use tabs it makes it even slower.

Any advice would be great!
P.S. An aside, how do I get rid of that annoying circle to the very right of the address bar that keeps on going round and round when I try to load a page. I don't like that. New part of Safari???
I can't stop watching it!

Tech at Rogers thinks it might be a malware problem (something to do with popups??).

And he claimed himself a tech!?!

He saw one last week with someone who just bought a brand new macbook.

I doubt he saw that, and if he did it wasn't malware. Try resetting Safari. If that doesn't work create a different user and log into that user to see if Safari still is slow to isolate if its a user user or Safari issue.

... An aside, how do I get rid of that annoying circle to the very right of the address bar that keeps on going round and round when I try to load a page. I don't like that. New part of Safari???
I can't stop watching it!
I would advise against that. That is a visual cue that the web page is loading. It replaces a progress bar integrated into the background of the URL window of Safari 3.

I didn't realize my question was being answered by all of you! Duh to me. I am going to try to reset Safari. I used Yasu a couple of times and it didn't help. I did create a new user and it is faster so hopefully!

Have you tried restarting your computer? What about restarting your modem and router?
Also try turning you Airport off and then back on.

:)

Yes I had been shut down and modem and everything turned off when I called cable people. I'll try again! Thanks

Back