Saving this Movie.

Reality

Registered
Hey again guys. I'm trying to find a way in saving this Video into my Mac. Through this link you can see there is a option to right click on a link under the video to save but I can't right click of course and was wondering if there was a trick I could use to get around this.

This is the Link

You may haft to click on a video of your choose since IGN won't do anything that is directly linked to a movie.

here is a rough way to do it, basically I whent through the source and found the move (shock wave file actually) and created a page on my site that directs to that swf file, just go there, and control click (or right click) and choose save as...

here is the link

Where it says.. "right-click here to save".... instead... press-and-hold the OPTION key and click on the link.

Originally posted by Dusky
Where it says.. "right-click here to save".... instead... press-and-hold the OPTION key and click on the link.

Ok, did that and it saved a html address instead of the movie.

when I followed that link I got directly to a swf file (??) so anyway, disregard my last post... :)

Ok thank you macidiot. So right from a site like the one I posted what steps need I need to do in order to save? Or will a need a link like the one you posted?

it kind of depends, once you have the movie, check file, and see if you can save it, also there is a usually a little box on the bottom left of the progress bar on the movie itself, that might allow you to save it, otherwise make a quick html file with a hyperlink to the movie and right click on said hyperlink and choose save...

Quicktime Pro will let you save movies. If you need to save movies a lot, you may consider shelling out the $30 to upgrade Quicktime. If you then click on the down-pointing disclosure triangle, you should be able to save a movie.

Originally posted by macidiot
otherwise make a quick html file with a hyperlink to the movie and right click on said hyperlink and choose save...

I went through file and could only save the link and the box in the movie didn't have the option avlible. So how can I hyperlink?

Arden, I want to get Quicktime Pro. Where can I get it?

Originally posted by Reality
Arden, I want to get Quicktime Pro. Where can I get it?
1) Open Quicktime after a fresh start up and click register.
2) Go into your Quicktime preferences and look at the register option.
3) Click here.

Back