Sharing data: Entourage X and Entourage 2001

Bluefusion

Into the Breach
Hey there. My dad, who has been using Entourage v.X (and loves it, btw), really needs to use OS 9 again, unfortunately.. he's having a lot of trouble with OS X and almost everything he uses works better in 9 (including a fair amount of expensive hardware he's not willing to part with at the moment). We've pretty much reorganized his workflow back into OS 9, but it turns out that the one thing holding him back is Entourage v.X. He has Entourage 2001... does anyone know how to get both his contacts AND his email from Entourage v.X into Entourage 2001? Plz plz plz this is really important (I can't stand his bitchin' about OS X screwing up anymore and he's much happier with OS 9 as its what he's familiar with)... so please help if you can...

Unfortunately, you cannot go backwards to Entourage 2001 from Entourage X -- the databases are not compatible. You can easily export your contacts and then import them into Entourage 2001, but not the emails. But I DO have a solution ...

Download Entourage Email Achiever for OS X and (AFTER PAYING FOR IT! Support Shareware) archieve your email using EEA. It creates hierarchical folders (nested folders) with each date an email is created being a separate folder -- in other words, it stores emails like iPhoto stores photos!

It is not the same thing as having your beloved Entourage 2001 back but at least you can safely go back to 9 and still access these emails via the archieve.

You'll see what I mean if you go to their website.

http://softhing.com/eeax/info.html

Hi!
Why don't you try to forward all the mails to yourself?
it's simply and you will have all the mails again:

1- Create some rules in Ent 9 to relocate the mail as you have had before (or just try to import them from Ent X, i think it could be done)

2- Launch Ent. X Closing first the Ent 9 and Find all the mails containing a space so it will find all the mail database.

3- Now select all the mails, click button forward and in field "To:" put your own mail address.

4- Close Ent X and go back to Ent 9. If you configured the rules correctly your mails will be receiving and relocating as you had before !!

:p

Back