SIIG USB2 + Firewire + 10/100 Combo in Mac

Twist

Registered
I am wanting to add a 10/100baseT Ethernet card to my old 8600 so I can use it as a networked file server. The problem is that it is out of PCI slots so I would have to trade in my separate USB and Firewire cards for a combo card. While looking for one I came across the SIIG USB2 + Firewire + 10/100baseT Combo Card at MacMall for $29.99. This is quite a bit cheaper than the separate USB2/Firewire and 10/100baseT cards would have been.

Now for the problem. MacMall lists this card as Mac compatible on their web site but SIIG doesn't. So I am wondering if anyone has used this card in a Mac with success? Just so you know I have Mac OS X 10.2.8 running on the 8600 thanks to XPostFacto.

ElDiabloConCaca said:
I don't see where MacMall lists that card as Mac-compatible...

If you do a search for it on the results page it has a platform column which lists it as Mac & PC.

You're right, it does -- however, I'd be more prone to trust the product page rather than a listing, but it does sound intriguing... and dirt cheap! I've got an older 7600 that could use a good FireWire/USB/10-100 Ethernet card!

Many Mac users say they've used SIIG-brand cards in their Macs without problems and they were true plug-and-play. I'm not sure if this one will work or not, but I'd like to know as well.

Back