Sony PDA

iMan

?¿?
Anyone have any feedback on the sony PDAs?

How do they work with the mac? are they any good?

Thankfull for any info

Viktor

Originally posted by viktor
Anyone have any feedback on the sony PDAs?

How do they work with the mac? are they any good?

Thankfull for any info

Viktor

Some Sony's work directly with Palm Desktop 4.0. I use a third party app called Missing Link to talk to my new Sony Clie PEG-T665C via iTunes and iPhoto. I had a Palm IIIxe, so this was a huge step up. Mounting the Memory Stick on the desktop is a plus. I had a choice when it came to buying my next Palm - the Palm M515 or the Sony Clie T665C. I had to limit to these two because I use my Palm outside and I have to see it in bright sunlight. These (and the other Sony's and the Palm M505) worked great outside while the others turned invisible. Both the Palm M515 and the Sony Clie PEG-T665C are the same price, $399. Here are the side-by-side features:
Sony Clie PEG-T665C: 16 MBytes RAM, 65 K colors, 320x320 TFT screen, 66 MHz DragonballEZ, mpeg3 Audio Playback, movie playback, Documents-to-go, lots of games, Memory Stick slot.
Palm M515: 16 MBytes RAM, 65 K Colors, 160x160 TFT screen, 33 MHz DragonballEZ, Documents-to-go, SD/MMC slot
And oh, BTW, all of my programs work on the Sony that I had on the Palm IIIxe.:D

Basically to recap, you are using "Missing Link" to conect your SONY PDA to a Mac yes? How is the set up like? Easy, intuitive or a real royal pain in the behind? I am considering upgrading from my Handspring Platinum to a Sony.

Originally posted by plastic
Basically to recap, you are using "Missing Link" to conect your SONY PDA to a Mac yes? How is the set up like? Easy, intuitive or a real royal pain in the behind? I am considering upgrading from my Handspring Platinum to a Sony.

Yes I use Missing Link to connect the T665C. It is not needed for the T615C but it is needed for the N7X series because like the T665C they have an MP3 player built in. To set it up, I just double clicked on the install routine and it loaded everything into the proper places. Make sure you have Palm desktop 4.0 for OS X but it also works for Palm Desktop 2.6.3 for Mac OS 9.x. Make sure for both you have the latest updates from Sony. Has a lot to do with mounting the memory stick but not syncing.

Originally posted by drash

Yes I use Missing Link to connect the T665C. It is not needed for the T615C but it is needed for the N7X series because like the T665C they have an MP3 player built in. To set it up, I just double clicked on the install routine and it loaded everything into the proper places. Make sure you have Palm desktop 4.0 for OS X but it also works for Palm Desktop 2.6.3 for Mac OS 9.x. Make sure for both you have the latest updates from Sony. Has a lot to do with mounting the memory stick but not syncing.

Thanks for the tip. It greatly helps in my decision to get a new PDA to replace my old and dying Platinum. :D

Back