17" flat display
DVD-RW
All-in-One
isn't it just an ugly iMac 17"

Attachments

• Sony-iMac.jpg
    Sony-iMac.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 255
The extra 500 euros is the price you pay to be able to enjoy the Windows eXPerience ;) ;)

Did Sony designers quit en-masse after the recent financial troubles? :)

That's one ugly SOB.

It looks like they taped a keyboard to a TV, and painted it with boring.

Why is the screen so close to the keyboard. It seems to be a desktop, but the screen is closer to the keys than on my iBook.

Laptop keyboards rarely if ever are.

And despite claims to the contrary, that's nothing but a deformed laptop with the brains in the eyes instead of the fingers.

PCVW10.jpg

I've actually seen it. It looks better in person. Plus, it folds over like a laptop for easier travel. It's actually pretty cool.

EDIT: Now that I look at it more, it looks a lot like the 20th Anniversary Mac

mr. K said:
An ugly, ultra expansive iMac...
500€ more then a high end iMac? Geez...

The 500 Euros are for the TV-tuner, the extra RAM and disk spaces.

BTW Dells are often roughly the price of a Mac for professional configurations.

I'd like to see one up close, shame the keyboard is so close to the screen, at least a laptop can be carried around easily! It's a bit strange nach bhfuil?

MikeXpop said:
...I've actually seen it. It looks better in person. Plus, it folds over like a laptop for easier travel. It's actually pretty cool.

EDIT: Now that I look at it more, it looks a lot like the 20th Anniversary Mac
Seem's like a another version of the Audrey... i.e. like something that is more suited to the kitchen than the den...

audrey-a-sm.gif

It was my understanding that we were moving forward, innovating when it came to computers, but apparently nobody told Sony.

TommyWillB said:
Seem's like a another version of the Audrey... i.e. like something that is more suited to the kitchen than the den...

audrey-a-sm.gif
What is that, a computer/toaster? A computer/microwave? A computer/quisinart? Hmm...

Those pictures are not the same machine. The speakers are more curved on the pic that MikeXpop posted. The hinge is different too.

I wouldn't say it's "ugly"; I think it looks like it just wasn't thought out - kind of "slapped together 'cause we can" sort of thing. (As opposed to the swivel LCD on the iMac)

Back