Sour Grapes Mac site

limike28

Registered
I don't know if this is an appropriate topic or not, but has anyone checked out www.macintouch.com ? It seems every post there is a gripe and a complaint, there is never anything positive there. Only thing worse is reading the discussions in Yahoo! associated with any Apple article.

i've visited this site since the 90s, and I don't remember it mentioning anything sour about Apple or its products. I know that sometimes they do report on issues with OS X upgrades and some other software and they are as objective as can be, but they've always been one of the good Mac sites that have existed for almost 10 years.

Hm. I'm not sure. But if the thread's outcome is that macintouch.com is actually *good*, not _evil_, then it's alright, isn't it. ;) ... And I'll have to say I don't get the feeling that macintouch.com is a sour grape Mac site. Rather the opposite. If there are negative comments, maybe they're just correct about it? ;)

I went to MacSurfer HEadline News (which is where I found MacinTouch years ago) and saw what was being referred to. It was issues with OS X installations. However, I don't see this as trash talk, but reports from people that are having issues with upgrades of OS X. I for one find this as a great resource, even if it is a bit unfortunate for those that have experienced these issues (hopefully it's on a test box and not a production box). :)

I never meant to say that the site was really a negative site, just I was surprised that it seemed to be more people pointing out problems. Legitimate problems I agree, but it just made me chuckle that I almost never see a real positive post.

And by all means, Im not saying anything bad about the site or I wouldn't read it so often.

Yeah, they usually have people post with any problems that they are having to make everyone aware of some issues they might encounter upgrading from one version of OS X to a newer version. I think it's great because it takes away the idea that it's only you with the problem. This way, if there is a solution they can advice the MacinTouch people about it and they will post it. It would probably be better in a forum setting, but not all people are keen on using forums, so they advertise user experiences there. :)

Back