Stainless and Snow Leopard?

Hippo Man

Hippo Man
I'm just about ready to upgrade to Snow Leopard, and there's just one last piece of info I need before doing so.

I'm using the Stainless browser (http://www.stainlessapp.com/), and I don't know if it's compatible with Snow Leopard. I've tried to contact the support group at Mesa Dynamics to ask them about this, but they aren't responding. Therefore, I thought I'd ask here.

Has anyone here tried Stainless under Snow Leopard? If so, does it work?

Thanks in advance.
.​

Stainless, from a quick "open and surf around a bit" seems to work fine under Snow Leopard on my computers.

Are there any features you'd like me to test specifically? Flash? JavaScript? Plug-ins?

Hey, thank you! ... and I especially appreciate your offer to test some features. :)

There is one feature that's important to me: the Single Session Tab feature. It lets you have multiple sessions in different tabs, as if each tab is a different browser.

Here's how to test it:

* Select File->New Single Session Tab.

* In the tab that opens, log in to a Gmail account.

* Select File->New Single Session Tab again.

* In the second tab that opens, log in to a different Gmail account.

If you can go back and forth between those two tabs and use both Gmail accounts without one or the other being logged out, then the Single Session Tab feature is working.

This is a great feature of Stainless, and I use it a lot, since I have several Google accounts in which I am constantly working. It's important enough for me to have this feature that I would delay my upgrade to Snow Leopard if it doesn't work.

Anyway, thanks again for your help!
.​

Last edited:
Single Sessions Tabs seem to work swimmingly!

Tried it with a website at my work as well, which uses a lot of session-based cookies and memory variables, and I could successfully log in as two different users in two different tabs, and indeed, the sessions (as far as I can tell) were completely separate and independent.

You da man! Thank you very much.

... and in keeping with the language that your handle is in, ¡Muchísimas gracias, amigo!

So now that this last loose end has been taken care of, tomorrow is going to be Upgrade To Snow Leopard Day.

Hasta luego ... :)
.​

Back