Starcraft on OSX

jjeff

Registered
I have Starcraft for Mac/PC, and it supposedly works in OS9. The only problem is that my iMac doesn't have a classic environment. I can't run the game to install, so I don't have anything to apply the OSX patch to. I have a 9.2 upgrade but nothing I can install OS9 from. Where can I get a bootable OS9 cd (or some other way to make starcraft work)? Any help would be great.

If you have another computer with an installed copy you can just copy the starcraft folder to your computer. That's what I've done numerous times. That has become a problem.

Look on ebay for an os9 install cd.

My other computer is a PC, and i already tried, hoping the files might work anyway. No such luck. Great idea about ebay though, I'll look.

Yeah, it has to be another Mac. Didn't an OS 9 cd come with OSX when you bought it or with your imac?

Again try and get one off ebay.

Did the iMac come with OS 9 installed? then you can use the restore CD's. The opening screen will ask you what you want to restore. Just select Mac OS 9. You should be in business then.

It came with a 9.1 upgrade to 9.2. No worries though, I got one on ebay, we'll see if that works.

Back