Steve Jobs introduces the Macintosh (1984)

Hmmm, what version of windows was out when that mac was released in 1984 ?? If windows wasn't really existent to the commercial market it just shows how Apple is way far ahead of microsoft again ...... ???

I remember just the old DOS... I was a child, but for what I can remember Windows didn't exist...

sorry, that sounded rude.
no Windows was not in the picture then. they built windows after seeing the macintosh. This lead apple to sue Microsoft. and the rest is history :)

the really sad thing is that after all these years (21) the voices shipped with macosx sounds just the same (sure we got better speakers now). The only improvement is Vicki, but she can't do it all by herself. I'm gonna scream if they have not added more voices like Vicki in tiger.

i have said it before and i say it again: Apple (vocative), use your money and buy Babel technologies. http://www.babeltech.be/Demos.php?s=48&m=3&f=95

Originally Posted by Tatano
"Me?"

no, sorry. i meant smithy. your post came inbetween while i was writing. i was just baffled that it wasnt common knowledge that microsoft had copied apple from the start.

errr, trust me i wasnt around in 1984, as it is i didnt even know what a computer was until we got our first windows pc (386). And no it isnt common knowledge to people that microsoft copied Apple, try saying that to the windows users that are in denial.

Decado said:
Are you kidding?

Also that did sound rude. :)

Sorry :)
i'm so used to being around people (not least at this forum) who have used Apples all their life and warn their childeren about microsoft in the same way sane men and women warn their children of the wolf :D

:D
hrm... off topic.
it's an epiphone studio pearl that i have modded. :)
First i got rid of all the pearl-stuff and replaced them with brushed metal. Changed all the black screws to silver and changed the black tune-screws (not sure about the correct english name for them) into chrome fishermans friend tune-screws.

if you get the Special 2 i will reconsider letting you be my soulmate (whatever that means) :D

Back