Stickies gone crazy!

BlutoSigPi

Registered
My stickies app is going nuts on me. I had a power out and when I rebooted all the info that was on my stickies vanished and all the "welcome to stickies" notes popped up as if it was the first time I ever launched it. Now, every time I launch stickies after a reboot it does that. Anyone have a clue as to what this fargin unix is up to? How do I get my old info back??? :confused:

One day my stickes did that to. Never saw that data again. Now i just try to hit save after i enter any data and hope it doesn't erase on re-start. I also quit stickies myself before any shutdown.

Hate to say it but i dont think your stickes will be back.

Twister

I hereby declare Stickies for OS X the worst fiasco ever produced by Apple.

I lost my data on it for the last time!!! :mad: :mad:

nothing important, just daily notes which are annoying as hell to lose.

I have rm -rf'ed Stickies.

-Carlos-

Hi all,

I've noticed some consistency between my Stickes database being reset (to the default content) and when I run Apple's software updater --security updates in particular. This only appears to happen on one of my three OS X machines. I have checked perms and ownership on the DB file and the application and all appears consistent across systems.

Interestingly enough the actual Stickies app (/Applications/Stickies.app/Contents/MacOS) on my machine with problems actually has a new timestamp (today's actually) --as if the executable itself has somehow been touched. Both other systems have a timestamp from back in June. To make things even more confusing, each copy of Stickes (on each system) is the same size, but has a different checksum (confirmed by both sum and cksum). THIS MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE!!!!

Has anyone else noticed this problem in relation to sofware updates? Security updates in particular? There has got to be a pattern here.

Now that you mentioned it. This JUST happened to me. I did a security update yesterday. Though it did not seem to affect Stickies until this morning. I have rebooted a couple of times since then. Thanksfully I have a backup (at home) that I will use to attempt a restore tonight.

I was doing quite a large job and was noting all the time spent and changes I was making.

Then gone one day!! (replaced with the standard garble)

I was going to use the bloody notes to do all my invoicing.

Never again.

Back