Still gaps in tracks with iTunes

bookem

danno
iTunes 4 still puts gaps at the end of the ripped file. Even with this gap removed, there is still a pause in playback when the track changes.

This even happens with extracted aiff files.

So that's 2 bugs:

1. Gaps at end of ripped files

2. Playback of perfect files still jumps

Windows doesn't do this.

This is the one thing putting me off buyibng an iPod. Music makes me work alot better. Gaps in playback would just make me annoyed.

find somebody who still has iTunes3 and get the app package from them. It should work fine.

A bug in iTunes is keeping you from buying an iPod?

Originally posted by Rhino_G3
find somebody who still has iTunes3 and get the app package from them. It should work fine.

Nope. Still the same. Unless it's the weather here.

A bug in iTunes is keeping you from buying an iPod?

An iPod that played back mixed sets with gaps between the tracks would annoy me more than a free bundled application.

Really? You're that annoyed with the song gaps? I consider myself a fairly picky individual and I can't say they bother me at all. You can have iTunes cross fade the songs in iTunes 4 if you'd like. That way there would be no gap at all. In fact you can even control the amount of cross-fade, which I think is kind of cool.

Perhaps you could turn this effect on and limit the amount of cross-fade in use?

Perhaps your source files have gaps in them already? (A lot of times there is padding put into the track time of each song).

I have the same problem in iTunes but I know the source files do not contain gaps becuase they are live rcordings of concerts. iTunes will also sometimes wrongly play wavs of aiffs expanded from other formats. It's quite annoying when it happens.

Perhaps your source files have gaps in them already? (A lot of times there is padding put into the track time of each song). [/B][/QUOTE]

As I said in my first post, I have thought of this. It is the iTunes encoder that puts the gaps there, without a doubt. It also does it to pre-ripped files that do not have gaps in them.

Back