Summer of the Mac?

wtmcgee

Registered
http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/may2003/tc20030521_2871_tc056.htm

pretty interesting article - it points out all of the good things that could come together in the coming months for apple.

Apple isn't going to take over the world in the next 3 or 4 months, but things definitely are looking up if you sit back and think about it - new processors (and upgraded hardware in every division), new OS, music store, etc.

it's a good read, i recommend you check it out.

I read this too, sounds good to me, i am torn between linux and the AMD Hammer 64 bit, and PPC 970. if they put this in a 15" PB, i will so go get one, ASAP,,
my curent PB TI 500 is feeling a little slow.

Wouldn't it be great if Apple got new chips in their computers, and over the next couple years PPC's got faster clock rates than Intel/AMD chips? Imagine that: "Not only do Macs have all the other advantages over PC's they used to have, they also run at faster clock cycles, equating a much faster computer than what the Wintel market can offer!"

Isn't it refreshing to read an article about Apple written by a journalist with some sort of clue? His reporting was very balanced, honest, and fair. He makes some valid points- some of which we've discussed here for a long time. It was a good article. Thanks for posting it.

all i know is Apple better deliver everything AND the kitchen sink at the WWDC or just about everyone that follows this crap is going to be disappointed.

honestly, wouldnt you agree that everyones expectations are a BIT high strung?

Yeah. There are going to be some hurt feelings judging by the macrumors.com forums. No offence if anyone here posts there but talk about unhealthy obsession with computers. They all (seem) to have computers less than a year old and hope the new ones will double or triple performance. That's fine if they want to toss money at Apple but I think their own computers would last a couple months more if they let them.

It doesn't hurt to have HOPE!......If you have these expectations then you can hang on to the idea that apple will be competitve one day........I hope;)

If all those obsessors are going to be getting new computers, then maybe one of them can find some poor shmoe, like *ahem* a graduating senior, to give the "old" one to...

Originally posted by Langley
It doesn't hurt to have HOPE!......If you have these expectations then you can hang on to the idea that apple will be competitve one day........I hope;)
Personally I think Apple IS competitive TODAY. Unlike many companies in these dot-bomb time, Apple is making $$$.

Originally posted by TommyWillB
Personally I think Apple IS competitive TODAY. Unlike many companies in these dot-bomb time, Apple is making $$$.

And there you go.......Hope ;)

Back