system profiler

GUNDAM-RX78

Registered
Hi guys.

I got a simple question for you all. How do I Check my hard drive capacity/size? I checked my system profiler and I couldnt see the information I required, maybe im blind and missed it but im sure I couldnt see it.

I then opend up a finder window and saw I only have 11 gigs remaining. But the kicker is that this mac I got is a 15 inch pb and I dont know the specs as its not mine yet and didnt purchase it. I didnt think the pb came with a 40 gig HD. I got 24 gigs of music and thats it so I cant see why I have so little remaining on the HD.

Cheers guys.

By the way I searched the forums and couldnt find a thread where this is coverd.

Disk Utility will give you the total size of the disk plus the size of the partitions should there be more than one.

Command-I on the Hard Drive icon will give you the capacity and available space and Used space.

Cheers guys!

On my own mac I knew all this except the control I so thanks for that!

One more thing the gig usage doesnt seem to add up.....it appears to be a 50 gig hd, I have used 24 gig for music and it says I only have 11 gigs left...is thhis correct? Is there a file I gotta dig out that is eating memory?

Thanks guys.

Back