Tell me what announcement will require 2h hours of Steve the Wizzard

chevy

Marvelous Da Vinci
Staff member
Mod
Tell me what announcement will require 2h hours of Steve the Wizzard.

It's not hardware (if rumours are ok),

It's not some small app (iXXX),

It's not a revision of OS-X (10.2.3 just appears),

So what ?

20 years of MacOS (Lisa was launched in 1983) ?

MS buying Apple ?

Woz replacing Jobs ?

A while ago there was talk of Apple adopting a new chipmaker (AMD?) because of the disapointingly slow development of the next PPC chip. Could MWSF be the forum for announcing such a revolutionary change? Thoughts?

where do you get 2 hours? the MWSF program lists it as an hour and a half as usual. 9-10:30 am.

that's a different issue :D

notorius for going over even when nothing is new i believe :D

I thought I read something about a deal with IBM for future Mac processors? Then again, I'm sure there are rumors for anything I could ever imagine.

Personally, I like the odds for something on the line of a Apple PDA, though it might be a little different - a low cost "information appliance." It would seem to fit with the whole digital hub strategy and all the little iapps and the new Sherlock, bluetooth... Personally I could really use something like this around the house to free me up from my massive desktop G4 when I want to check for a phone number, movie listings, birthday, addresses... If Apple doesn't make it, I wish someone would.

Of course I admit this is 100% speculation on my part so please don't flame me for it.

but they already charge for it !

Most new iApp operate only with 10.2... which means you have to pay for 10.2.. and .mac !

That's a $250 per year !

Aren't iCal and iSync the only iApps that require 10.2? None of them require .mac, but .mac does add ease of use to some of them. Besides, this is in addition OS update charges and .mac fees. No doubt Bill Gates will watch this Macworld with a smile.

well how many 2 hours lessons at university were really worth 2 hours?????

probably about the same possibility or a bit higher that it requires that time or 'is worth it' or whatever.

:p

if the hooter girls are there, they better be wearing white shirts and Steve had better be presenting the iSplash :D

Originally posted by Javintosh
if the hooter girls are there, they better be wearing white shirts and Steve had better be presenting the iSplash :D

:D <-- me laugh long time.

As long as Steve doesn't get caught in the cross-fire. No matter how much people think he's a rock-star, that doesn't mean I want to see him in tight leather pants and a wet t-shirt.

Originally posted by MacLuv
:D <-- me laugh long time.

As long as Steve doesn't get caught in the cross-fire. No matter how much people think he's a rock-star, that doesn't mean I want to see him in tight leather pants and a wet t-shirt.

Who doesn't want to see a thin black turtleneck pasted to an aging hippie turned computer nerd?

My stomach hurts. I go now.

First, Steve Jobs will present the iMac 2003. It'll have a 19" LCD. Then Steve'll move on to show 'Panther', Mac OS X 10.3, available 'as of today'. Then, he'll drop the bomb: It's not compatible with PowerPC processors, as, well, it's only compatible with the cheap PCs you can buy around the corner. Then, he'll present a Photoshop demo, showing how a Pentium 4 at 3.06 GHz eats an 1.83 GHz IBM PPC 970 for lunch (running a prerelease copy of Panther 64bit PowerPC, a project now scrapped completely). Finally, there's "one more thing". Steve shows the AppleScript that uninstalls Microsoft Windows from your local computer.

Back