The Movies That You Like A Lot

I just saw "The Impostors": very funny!

When I was young I liked all of the Bud Spencer/Terence Hill movies and stuff like Mad Max.

One of the few movies that left me completely awed was "Metropolis". I am really, really impressed at the power in old cinematography, "Metropolis" and "Panzerkreuzer Potemkin" (don't know the English title) are absolutely amazing.

And I like Giaguara's movies! ;) :) Indeed "Il Postino" is wonderful. Also "Non ci resta che piangere" and "La vita é bella" are very good.

Did I answer this thread already? Dunno... :) Anyway:

"À la folie - pas du tout" // a very nicely made thriller with 'Amélie' in quite a different role...

"Fanfan et Alexandre" // now THAT's what I call a beautiful movie. 80s, I guess, and French. So many of our readers here probably wouldn't like it, anyway...? (And: CAN'T find this thing on DVD... I only have an old VHS copy...)

"Dark City" // like 'Matrix' - only better and without bad sequels. (from the regisseur of 'The Crow'...)

"Audition" // one of the most beautiful and cruel movies I've ever seen. Not for the faint at heart, though. People vomited at the end of the movie in cinemas. Others fainted. Japanese. _That's_ what I call a thriller. ;-)

Oh, forgot the most important one (and this is not a joke for insiders only): "Memento" ;-)

I liked Matt Damon and Danny Devito in Rainman. Actually Devito is one of the few actors (along with Pacino) that will make me watch any movie.
Don't you mean the Rainmaker?? Rain Man was with Dustin Hoffman and Tom Cruise

speaking of Dustin Hoffman "Midnight Cowboy" good movie

Anything to do with Star Trek, Hannibal "The Cannibal" Lectur, What Dreams May Come with Robin Williams, The Birdcage, The Andromeda Strain, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Finding Nemo, Creator with Peter O'Tool and Virginia Madsen, Aliens and sequels, Artificial Intelligence, Saving Private Ryan. Gosh there are so many more I could list.

Many already mentioned and also

Harvey (Great jimmy stewart film featuring invisible 6 foot white rabbit - see my sig)
The Limey (Sodeburgh ripping off point blank, but a very pretty film)
All Kevin Smith's films (though dogma isn't quite up to standard)
Being There (Peter Sellers at his most awesome as an austic guy)
Suicide Kings (Christopher Walken film)

Dark Asian stuff- Audition already mentioned but also:

Ring (Japanese not crappy american version, and not sequels either)
Dead or Alive (Best first scene ever - so much action that it looks like a trailer till you realize you've been watching it for 10 minutes)
Battle Royal
Beat Takeshi stuff - especially American crossover movie Brother

Not films- but i have them on DVD and are just so good :
Bill Hicks stuff -the world's best ever comedian, and a deep thinker as well! If only he was still with us....
Brass Eye - A UK series by surreal master Chris Morris - amazing dark political/social satire

ora

Ring ! Ring is the film I forgot to mention !
I love it. Ringu 0-1-2, v1 being the best IMHO.

I found Identity to be an interesting film, maybe not on par with a lot on this list but still fun and interesting

Any James Bond
Any Tarentino and Rodriges
Any Monthy Python
Most Besson's (Leon, 5th Element)
Any Leone

And more specific
Dobberman
La Dolce Vita
8 Women

Snatch (London gangsters, unlicensed boxing, an Irish gypsy boxing champion (Brad Pitt) , a huge diamond, a dog, an ex-KGB arms dealer... If you haven't seen this it's def. worth a look! Directed by Guy Richie with great cast, Pitt, Jason Statham, Benicio Del Toro...

Bladerunner directors cut
Shawshank Redemption
Both of LOR fims so far
First Matrix film
The Sum Of All Fears
Just joking about the last one :D

Somebody mentioned The Dark Crystal, is that one of the Jim Henson creature shop films? It sounds familiar. If I'm thinking of the same film I'd like to see it again, it must be 9/10 years since I saw it!

A Fish Called Wanda (Kevin Kline deserved the Oscar).---Loved that movie

The Royal Tennenbaums (too clever by half).--Clever....Too clever indeed, hehe. There is another one just like this one..i think from the same director, i forget the name though about a school kid.... :|

Back