The Official War Room

Man, friendly discussion... Lets all try and hold our mouths, no need to take personal shots (or shots at a persons NATION) just because he said a few little things...
But really. If this war really does go down, what will the implications be? Currently the middle eastern population in general is not very happy with the US, and now that we are forcibly invading a middle eastern state (btw are the US' actions legal under international law?) whats gonna happen in terms of isolated terrorist cells? Whats gonna happen to the world economy? During the gulf war the American economy rose. But I have heard many different things, and none of them seem like they would be a good outcome from the war on Iraq. What will happen to the different groups of Iraqi's? The Kurds, Shiites, and Suni people (those spelled right?) have always had disputes, could this be the time for the kurds to establish their own nation?
Lets turn this childish mudfight into a real discussion, why not?

I've taken note.

So, anyone can help me to catch US TV on my iMac please ? I'm very much ignorant of your TV channels, I know only CNN and Fox, any other one worth looking at ?

Kanecorp, dude, chill out. No need for name calling and such. You definitely don't help any argument you might have by the approach you have chosen. Keep in mind that many, and esp. foreigners, don't have the same agenda that the US does. And while many of their arguments might fall along the lines of "war bad, peace good", you have to realize that any amount of trying to reason is not going to get you far. State your arguments, if they counter with intelligent points, great, counter back. If they come back with "war bad, peace good", learn to give it up.

Originally posted by toast
I've taken note.

So, anyone can help me to catch US TV on my iMac please ? I'm very much ignorant of your TV channels, I know only CNN and Fox, any other one worth looking at ?
Wasn't born at that time? Oh really, you're living right now?
*personal attack removed*

by kanecorp
I wish 9,000 of our men weren't buried in French ground that died protecting your country. I wish we didn't protect you during the cold war.

and

I don't know about anyone else, but the blatant bigotry you are displaying here is pretty shameful.

mr K: During the gulf war the American economy rose. But I have heard many different things, and none of them seem like they would be a good outcome from the war on Iraq. What will happen to the different groups of Iraqi's? The Kurds, Shiites, and Suni people (those spelled right?) have always had disputes, could this be the time for the kurds to establish their own nation?
Lets turn this childish mudfight into a real discussion, why not?

Today's economy has nothing to do with 1991: a war today means Stock Exchange crashes, and no industrial boost.

I think your spelling is alright.

The Kurdish nation (if that's a good thing, I have no fixed advice) needs no bombs to be created. The very last Kurdish nation rose in bombs and collapsed in bombs. The Kurdish population has already expressed its wishes for no more war around their national problem.

Originally posted by binaryDigit
Kanecorp, dude, chill out. No need for name calling and such. You definitely don't help any argument you might have by the approach you have chosen. Keep in mind that many, and esp. foreigners, don't have the same agenda that the US does. And while many of their arguments might fall along the lines of "war bad, peace good", you have to realize that any amount of trying to reason is not going to get you far. State your arguments, if they counter with intelligent points, great, counter back. If they come back with "war bad, peace good", learn to give it up.
Well thanks for the calm *personal attack removed* responce. I am perfectly willing to talk civilized about this, but it is impossible when *personal attack removed* people say things likes "war bad, peace good".
They dont understand, that there will be no peace, without this war.

From kanecorp:

03-17-2003 11:42 PM

---
I'm not sure commenting is needed here.

From kanecorp:

*content removed by admin*
---
I'm not sure commenting is needed here.

yea commenting is needed here.
You owe us Americans your lives. You and Germany both do. Its sad how your powerless country doesn't teach you what really goes on. I feel bad for you really...well maybe not...

Well thanks for the calm *personal attack removed* responce. I am perfectly willing to talk civilized about this, but it is impossible when *personal attack removed* people say things likes "war bad, peace good".

Anyone here will tell you I'm totally able to have a normal, thoughtful conversation over war. You will also learn I have rational arguments to oppose to this war (and not to war in general, as I'm not a pacifist). One of this arguments is realism in international relations. Another one is Kant's cooperation theories.

there will be no peace, without this war
So your war is peace ?
War has never set peace for long term.

Originally posted by mr. K
The Kurds, Shiites, and Suni people (those spelled right?) have always had disputes, could this be the time for the kurds to establish their own nation?

Turkey doesn't want a Kurdish state on their borders. They have been suppressing them for to long to let them have their own state (one of the stumbling points with Turkey I would guess).

You owe us Americans your lives. You and Germany both do. Its sad how your powerless country doesn't teach you what really goes on. I feel bad for you really...well maybe not...

That's what I thought: you've stopped on page 2 of your history book ! Still referring to WW2 while we're living post-Cold War times. I'm scared, really.

By the way, you should know this by now: Je suis un demeuré, un vrai de vrai.

Oh really, is USA under attack right now? Is there not peace in USA...

(And PLEASE, don't refer to 9/11, I'd be laughing so hard I wouldn't even be able to answer back).

That's what I thought: you've stopped on page 2 of your history book ! Still referring to WW2 while we're living post-Cold War times. I'm scared, really.

By the way, you should know this by now: Je suis un demeuré, un vrai de vrai.

did you not say that no war has led to peace...
well you're in a time of peace, and its been long term

Originally posted by kanecorp

There is a frightening statement if I have ever seen one. Basically, we have no hope for the future is what is being said.

Oh really, is USA under attack right now? Is there not peace in USA...

(And PLEASE, don't refer to 9/11, I'd be laughing so hard I wouldn't even be able to answer back).

wtf?? That was your arguement, you just backed up mine!

Yes ! He knows how links work ! I have nothing to hide. My AIM buddy is not a French flag, BTW. But this is getting off-topic, I won't elaborate. The only thing I'll elaborate is my point that war is a short-term solution, while negotitations are a long-term solution to the Middle-East problems, for instance, and to most nation-state conflicts.

Originally posted by RacerX
There is a frightening statement if I have ever seen one. Basically, we have no hope for the future is what is being said.
no sorry, it means that once the threat at been defeated, peace will be there.

Back