The world needs more Macs

kilowatt

mach-o mach-o man
Ok, so this formal lab report was due today (really yesterday... long story) for my ececs lab (thats electrical engineering and computer sciences or something).

And I stayed up all night typing it, yall know what thats like, the old college try so they say. 4am I finish, and my color printer is giving my crap. So I went to the library today, thinking I would just print the .doc file out, go to class, and be all done with it.

;-) hahaha

hehehehehe

So at my school, they have a contract with microshaft, and basically they paid them lots of money, and now most microsoft software is free, dirt cheap (because, well, its dirt), or at a huge discount. So in the library, they have all these 900mhz dell comps running win2k pro.

And I ftp'd to my mac (win 2k doesn't have secure ftp... bummer), and I downloaded the file.

The file was a simple lab report - tables, text, charts, and graphics (digital photos). I did the thing on my mac in classic mode with office 2001 (which was $5.50 at the book store - and thats all its worth).

It loads up, and all my pictures are replaced with some sort of text like this:
"TIFF IMAGE - CANNOT DISPLAY. NEED QUICKTIME"

So I went to all these silly tech support people who recomended things like opening the document from within word and right clicking on it and selecting 'open' instead of double clicking it, etc. I tried many computers, and many different clicky things.

Finally someone with a brain who was their supervisor came over and asked if I'd like to just use her computer.

heh

well, guess what? It worked.

Her computer? A Blue and White G3 with 64megs of ram. It ran faster than those stupid PC's, and it WORKED. she also had a beige G3, a linux box, and some stupid win2k box.

Moral of the story: Get a mac.

Instead of the coke commercial I'd like to teach the world to sing, apple should do a parody I'd like to buy the world a mac (just kidding)

Back