Tiger has gone gold!!!

Even if they go gold now by the time it ships they could have 10.4.1 ready to rock. This means that any small issues would be sorted.

They would probably delay 10.4.1 until a few months has passed however. Only for political reasons.

About time its finally on its way

Wow, that was quick... Strange, what with all the bugs posted on this board alone with A425...

Ripcord said:
Wow, that was quick... Strange, what with all the bugs posted on this board alone with A425...
Eh. Remember the actual release of Panther had two huge bugs (FileVault and FW drives).

Kap

I am surprised it's only appleinsider claiming the gold status of tiger. Any other sites telling the same? Remember: 1. April..

But HomunQlus had a better point:
HomunQlus said:
Thursday, March 31, 2005

Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger build declared gold master

By AppleInsider Staff
Published: 05:00 PM EST
:) We'll see in few hours..

MacWorld: No report of Tiger gone gold
ThinkSecret: Report saying that Tiger Build 8A414 was given to developers on Wednesday, but nothing that Tiger has gone gold
MacSurfer.com: Only linking to AppleInsider's story

So no solid signs yet

Zammy-Sam said:
But HomunQlus had a better point:
:) We'll see in few hours..

Yeah, we'll see...

OSX Page:

(4/1/05) Unbelievable! Apple has CANCELLED the upcoming Tiger release! Jobs is quoted as saying,
"We recently got a developers beta copy of Longhorn and decided to consider paying Microsoft to port the system to Macs. That is, assuming we continue to make Macs. iPod sales continue to be strong..."

AppleInsider posted the story yesterday, so I don't think _that's_ an April Fool's joke. However: I, too, don't see any other signs of 8A428 or a GM build other than AI's story...

wouldn't apple announce the release of OS X 10.4 "tiger" on there main page today? cause the site hasn't been down at all today.

They would, if they wanted to. Site doesn't have to be down in order to update a graphic or something, though... Either way: It's not been 'released' or even 'announced' on April 1st. (Would've been a bad date, anyway...) It's still in Final Candidate phase or has been GM'd (depending on whether AI's sources were right), so the wait won't be too long.

There's still time. It's only 10:13 PM in Samoa. Perhaps Apple will make the announcement from there?

fryke said:
AppleInsider posted the story yesterday, so I don't think _that's_ an April Fool's joke. However: I, too, don't see any other signs of 8A428 or a GM build other than AI's story...

Well, the "gag", if it was one, was performed on April 1. There's nothing that says that someone couldn't be prepping people for it beforehand.

For example, in 2000, someone issued a press release describing the 15th anual "New York April Fool's Day" parade, describing the floats involved, the route, etc. CNN and other TV crews showed up to find there was no parade at all, and that they were "April Fools"...

Same kind of prank on us? Maybe even something perpetuated by Apple themselves, because they wanted to embarass the rumor sites?

I really guess AI just followed TS' rumour of an April 1st announcement. They claimed some build number got GM. No sign of it, really.

Let's assume Apple's finalised Tiger. Let's assume 8A428 is the GM build. Let's assume Apple's going to actually ship it/release it on April 15th. They don't have to announce it on April 1st. They can announce it even one or two days before the release. Or not announce it at all until it's really available. How's that for a change...

Back