tombraider and panther

Cow Loon

Registered
I have tombraider the trilogy from aspyr. On OSX the graphics are all screwed up. I used to boot into OS9 to play it. Now, I have a powerbook and the one and only drive was not formatted/labeled whatever with OS9 drivers, so I'm guessing I won't be able to install OS9 without reformatting. Before I go the trouble of all that, do you have any ideas about how to get the graphics to work on tombraider on osx, the game is no longer listed on aspyr's site. I suppose I'll contact them as see what they say.

Have you updated them? if i recall correctly there were at least a few 1.0.2 updates. Why dont you just install OS9? you dont need to format it in any special way. you just need the OS9 system folder.

Aspyr no longer has tombraider trilogy listed on their site (Oh, actually they do, but there is no information other than the name of the game). I thought that the OS9 driver partition was required in order to boot OS9 (not classic). If not, what is it's function?

Yes, if you want to boot into OS 9 (as opposed to running Classic mode), your drive has to have the OS 9 drivers. AFAIK, the only way to get those drivers back on there is to reformat (which erases everything on the hard drive).

Do you have an old enough PowerBook that it will boot in OS 9?

Doug

My powerbook is pretty new (a couple of months, 17" 1.5ghs). That means I can't boot OS9?

What I meant by playing it in OS X, is by using classic. So yes it runs in classic, but the graphics are screwed, e.g. Lara has almost no textures on her, she's made out of blocks.

I've sent email to Ass pyre. I'll see what they say.

Ooh, tombraider III seems to work nicely in classic though. At 1440x900 the screen is stretched making Lara appear... healthier.

Back