trackpad scroll - powerbook

andehlu

this modern love
Howdy, I just got a 1.5 GHz powerbook. Apprently its supposed to be able to have the two finger scroll on the trackpad but for the life of me i cant get it working. I didnt see any scroll option in the trackpad settings....anyone have any ideas?

The scroll option should be there in trackpad prefs, but this should be on by default. One finger moves the cursor. Two fingers placed on the trackpad will scroll, assuming you are on a window that is scroll-able.
If you don't see the scroll option in trackpad prefs, then call Apple, or take it to an Apple store.

As DeltaMac said, it should be there under "Keyboard and Mouse" in Sytem Preferences, under the "trackpad" tab. "Trackpad Gestures: Use two fingers to scroll" Is this Powerbook new? My friend got a powerbook just a few weeks before I got mine, and his doesn't have the feature; the spot is empty in the sytem preferences.

Yes, the prior model was also 1.5 GHz, but does not have this feature. Also, only the new ones have the Sudden Motion Sensor for the hard drive. The printed information with your PowerBook would have some info about this.

hmm ok thaanks guys.... i guess i must have the generation before and bought it as the new ones were out....thanks for the url adambyte Ill try that out....

lol. That's what I linked to, Zammy-Sam.

That's okay. It's not like it couldn't use a little more publicity. :D

Back