Trash

shmike

Registered
Hey,
I have moved some stuff to the trash and emptied the trash by accident.Is there a way to get that stuff back.I have looked on google and have found nothing.Please help.

You can try Norton FileSaver, but I think you have to have installed it before you erased your files (I'm not sure how it works on OS X)...

Do you have a backup? What are the files you erased (documents or system files)?

I don't have a back up.It was dumb of me i know.They were documents i had saved.I was hoping there was a command line way to fix this. I am broke can't afford to buy Norton.Live and learn i guess thanks for the reply.

To the best of my knowledge, there aren't any default command-line tools for unerasing files. But wait around a little more, maybe someone will have an idea.

The only problem is that once the space that was in use by those files has been marked free (by deleteing them) it will eventually be overwritten by other new files, making a recovery impossible. The more time (i.e., disk writes) passes, the less the probability you'll recover anything.

And it happens to the best :p Do you have .Mac? If so, you can use their Backup utility to automatically backup files to your iDisk. Or you can get any other inexpensive backup program like Retrospect...

Back