triangle not centered!

kanecorp

Registered
Only for disk utility as far as i can tell.
no big deal just annoyin kinda!

Attachments

• triangle.jpg
    triangle.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 48
Well, not to contradict what you've said, but that technically seems like the center of the icon. If you look at the icon from the left-most to the right-most pixel, it is indeed centered.

Yes, according to the disk icon, it does look too far right, but if you consider the stethoscope, it does appear to be okay.

hahaha you're definetly right man...
sorry everyone..false alarm! hahaha...(i feel like such a dumbass)

Yeah. Icons that lack balance really bug the crap out of me. I'm a total interface nut, and that icon bugs me to no end. It completely lacks balance. Therefore, when you look at it in icon mode, or launch it, the name or triangle appears where the icon space is centered, but not where the vast majority of the icon actually is.

Let this be a lesson to all you icon designers. :D

Yes, I've noticed that Apple is trying to keep a semi-uniform design to their icons -- mostly square in shape, tilted slightly counterclockwise... as with iCal, Address Book, Mail, Safari (well, it's round, but uniform and tilted!), iPhoto, etc... it seems that Apple's utilities, or things that usually don't reside in the dock all that often, are a little less uniform in design... and don't even get me started on the developer tools icons! Those seem hacked together... like they needed placeholder icons until they could get some real ones, which they never did... ;)

no problem, it's an easy mistake. The only reason I even found it was because I am a designer (among other things), so I'm constantly looking at centered text and images.

Back