trying to duplicate my panther drive...but

bound

Registered
hello

i just got a new bigger hd which had its own probs see the hardware thread, now i want to put my panther systm on it so i copied the entire drive contents over using os9, but now when i want to boot from the new drive it gets stuck at the grey pple logo on startup....any ideas guys/gals

i know i should really install everything again but i had so much stuff on it and i used to do it all the time under os9 was very handy for keeping a back up of the entire mac on a spare drive

thanks in advance

Try using Carbon Copy Cloner to clone your Panther drive to the new one. This will keep all the permissions for the files, while OS9 will completely destroy them.

Probably not, but on the new drive, like you said, you really should install everything from scratch. At the very least, erase the drive and use Carbon Copy Clone to clone your OS X system to it. There's an option in CCC to make it bootable, make sure you check that.

Captain Code said:
Try using Carbon Copy Cloner to clone your Panther drive to the new one. This will keep all the permissions for the files, while OS9 will completely destroy them.

Off topic, but what does your sig say? :) My Korean sucks. The second part says "think about", I believe. What's the first part say? LOL

kafene.

다른 생각하십시요 = Be different and think
다르게 생각해 = It thinks different
according to babblefish and Bob's translator

I don't know which one sounds better..

thank you thank you thank you!

it worked a treat!

thank you

i am still on the look out for 1 of those ata133 cards, but ill wait till i see one cheap £100 quid a bit steep for me right now...cheaper to buy another 128 gig drive tbh

Speaking of the translation of Apple's "Think different" branding, there was an old story that Coke used the ad slogan, "Come alive with Coke" (late 70s or in the 80s maybe) and in Chinese it translated to something like, "Drink Coke and bring back the dead." Needless to say, many people in China were a little confused! :)

Hmm... Coke _should_ do an American spot with _this_ wording: "Drink Coke and bring back the dead." For Halloween once, or something... :) That was hilarious...

Back on topic, too: Did it work alright now? I'd repair permissions and the harddrive with Disk Utility from Panther's first CD after ccc-ing. And would stay away from using other harddrive-utilities.

Back