Ugly Safari 4 blocks half the bookmark page

Curiosity

Registered
I just got the new Safari 4. It does not theme with Shapeshifter with Tiger, and it will not use the stylesheet I set up to use with it. Why?
There is a big black box taking up half the space on the bookmarks page. How do I get rid of that?

The black box is the cover flow style view of the pages you've visited. You can make it smaller by dragging the three short horizontal lines in the center upwards.

Are you not seeing the images of the pages you've viewed in the box?

You will need to contact the developers of ShapeShifter to inquire about the incompatibility with Safari. ShapeShifter uses Apple-proprietary system calls to do what it needs to do -- whenever new software is released, generally, it has a high chance of being incompatible with ShapeShifter.

The developers at ShapeShifter will have to fix that problem.

Before I close Safari, I clear the cache, history and cookies. I have also set it not to use favicons. When I looked at the box it was just empty. I have no interest in seeing thumbnail images of pages I have visited, or whatever is supposed to be in the box. Thanks; I have now reduced its size to a minimum.
Is there any way to make Safari use the stylesheet that used to work so well? I set Safari to open with a blank page and it used to be coloured. Now it is white.

Back