updating the mac

macsrcool

Registered
um im in the need of a little help

ive had a mac for quite a while, but ive never really understood it quite well. i had just bought an ipod, but it wont let me connect to the mac unless i had itunes version 7 downloaded. so i did what was asked, but i found out that i could not download it unless i had the mac os 10.3.9 or later version. well, since i had not really understood completely about macs, i never really updated it. in order to have the mac os 10.3.9, i must need mac os 10.3, but i do not have it and do not know where i can download it. i have been looking all over the internet with no luck. if anyone can help me with this problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

I take it that you are running an OS X earlier then 10.3.x? So what operating system version are you running?

Then same system requirements would happen (for a more modern program) on XP. So to get 10.3.x take a look at this store to get a copy.

My darling partner presented me with a brand new, sexy, Nano for my birthday yesterday (thankyou darlin') and now I find that I have to upgrade my OS X system to 10.3 before I can download iTune 7. .........is this really correct? It's burning a hole in my hand because I can't use it!!!!!!

It's correct. You'll need at least 10.3.9 (i.e. any version of Panther, 10.3, updated to 10.3.9) to run iTunes 7.x.

I am having the same problem, I got a nano for Christmas and haven't been able to use it yet. I bought 10.3.9 but it's not installing which is even more frustrating.

Back