Updating to Leopard + keeping existing software

weebug

Registered
Hi...I apologize right now if this is an obvious question, but I couldn't find the specific info anywhere else!
I have a 1.25 GHz PowerPC G4 Mac running Tiger, and I was thinking of upgrading to Leopard, as I've read that it could make things a bit faster for me (I find my Mac to be a bit on the slow side right now). Here's the thing: I bought my Mac secondhand from a graphic designer, who had it loaded up with Adobe CS2 software. If I upgrade to Leopard, will it wipe out current non-Mac apps? I don't have the original Adobe disks to reload, and I use this software frequently but don't have the cash to purchase it again.

Thank you!

An upgrade has always been troublesome and that's already proven you can give it a shot though and "all files and data won't be lost" at least that what they said. The best way to do a leopard installation is to perform an erase and install but knowing that you have Apps currently that you want to keep you may want to perform an archive and install. In any Clone your image(Mac HD)so its easy to put it back when you play around with it. Post back the results

Back