Upgrading to 10.5.4

Hi there -
Sorry I have another question. Is the 'speed' you're talking about the Bus Speed? If that's it..I only have 167 MHz...so I guess that wouldn't work. CPU speed is 1GHz. Would that be it?
Thanks.

Hi

The speed refers to your CPU speed, 867mhz is the minimum that leopard will run under, so if you have a 1Ghz you are fine on that front. How much RAM do you have, the more you have the better your upgrade experience will be.

Ed

Ed -
You're an angel.. I hate to reveal just how ignorant I am...So, here I am trying to figure out my RAM.. I think the answer is.....(drum roll)..that I have a 1GB DDR SDRAM...Is that sounding right? You had made a reference to 512 KB..that, I've got as well listed in my L2 Cache (per CPU). You know, this feels slightly humiliating as I am pretty savvy with my Mac..but, yet..am completely at a loss with this. Thank you...thank you..

Hey its cool no problem :)

Your ram is the 1GB DDR so yes that should be enough for you to run Leopard, the easiest way to check your hardware specs is to run a system profile, you can run it from the Utilities folder or About this Mac has a more info button, in there will be all the specs.

Ed

That's where I was looking..the System Profiler...it's just that it's in 'Memory' but even then...you still have to know that's 'RAM'..
Problem solved (almost..now I need to install).
Goodnight and thanks, Ed.

Back