Which OS(s) are you using right now?

• OS X

• Mostly OS X

• OS X and OS 9 equally

• Mostly OS 9

• OS 9

• OS 8.5 or older

Results are only viewable after voting.
I use only OS X. Since I am a recent Mac convert... when I bought my first Mac the Flat panel one a few months ago; I had no Mac applications. Since OS X was the main system on my Mac I refused to get anything that is not OS X compliant. Made it a little easier for me. I did not want to have to learn two operating systems.

Matthew

:: inlineguy.com ::

its existence being the reason I/we bought a Mac in the first place (we meaning the company I work for--it is slowly converting to Mac--from FreeBSD :)

The reason is quite simple: on one and the same platform, we have Word (to communicate with our clients) and UNIX (to develop and run our mediation and data-analysis products) at the same time.

The only Classic application we use is MS Outlook, when working on client site (yes, we are then supposed to use clients e-mail systems)

Originally posted by deagle five o
not to burst anyone's bubble, but the truth is that most Mac users still use os 9. My school has a huge mac lab with over 200 quicksilver G4s, all running os 9, my ex-girlfriend still uses os 9, my father has an TiBook he keeps running os 9 with... sorry but its just frustrating. :rolleyes:

I run the Mac lab at the school I work in. The trouble is, most of the programs that I use have not ported to Mac OS X ---yet...

Oh - I have really old machines for the students to use. They run OS 8. My computer has partitioned drives with OS 9 on one and OS X on the other. I think the trouble is most people take a long time to adjust to change. And OS X is a big change. Even in trouble shooting.

Yay! i'm in the 2.13% people that uses OS 9. uhh, no kidding :( I'd be totally OS X if only I could run it!

Back