Vlc 0.5.0 Release!!!!!!

aerospike2006

Registered
Oh my Lord.....VLC finally just released 0.5.0 of their player. This is by far the best release ever. No longer is it just a small beta project - this is a full fledged program - FOR FREE!!!! I have a Klipsch 5.1 Digital Dream THX System with Sonica output card and, finally, I have surround sound from everything! It sounds absolutely beautiful! DVD's and my brand new DVD-Audio disks. Guys, everyone download this player IMMEDIATELY - it has a slick new controller appearance, has an option to finally allow you to access the menus on a DVD or DVD-Audio disc, and, most of all, is THE ONLY MULTIMEDIA PLAYER for OS X that allows AC3 decoding and output. I'm SOOOOOO happy!!!!!! Hope you all love it as much as I do. Props to VLC - you guys made Apple's DVD player developers with AC3 output look like a bunch of idiots.

VLC 0.5.0

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

wdw_,
i'm sorry - i just did a search, and you're right, there is already a post about this. it must have been posted on feb. 3 when vlc 0.5.0 came out. i was just so stoked about my whole klipsch thx 5.1 sound system (by far, the best) working, that i didn't even think to search. sorry for posting back like i was pissed or something.

This is the only program that works for me to view DIVX files perfectly with sound. I'm going to download the update right now.

I saw it yesterday, and downloaded it
the amazing thing is that it playes WMV files!!! bh bye windows media player :D

I love it, my MPG4s play even better now (before some would come on w/o sound)

Back