Vpn

supanatral

Registered
I'm trying to connect to a VPN network with my mac. The problem is that when I dial in, it authenticates and connects, but I'm unable to access computers at the office. However, I immediatly jump on a windows XP machine and it works great. I called up Mac support and they walked me through it to see if I have the right settings (and I do) and all they knew what to tell me is to "contact your system administrator", which happens to be myself. Any ideas guys?

Can you provide more detail about what you mean when you say "I'm unable to access computers at the office." Are they Windows machines? If so, Workstations or Servers? Are you trying to connect to a drive share on those machines or remote desktop to them?

When I say that I can't access them, what I mean is that I can't ping any computers (both workstations and servers) on the network. I am trying to do both, fileshare and connect to their desktop.

The way the network works is I dial into a Unix server which then authenticates the username and password provided with the domain setup on a windows 2003 Enterprise server.

Also, I just got off the phone with Apple support and they said that it might not be setup for a mac to dial into the VPN network. However when I asked them what the difference is, they said that they have no idea. I'm not wrighting that idea out completly, however I still have a hard time thinking that might be the problem because of how mac osx was built off of a unix/linux system.

Back