Weird, Not A Scratch

Louisville

Registered
Sad.jpg

Ok well here's the deal. .I was trying to get a previous cloudy mark off my LCD Screen by using some household chemicals (because soap and water wasn't doing the trick). I think the chemcial made it worse by leaving a resadue behind. Luckily I didn't use too much. .I don't really have any major scrapes, just this cloudy resadue.

I wish I had gotten a case when I bought the iPod back in December. I just didn't think about it at the time. I've been so paranoid about it now. . I just hope there is something I can do to clean it up. Then I'll buy a nice case for it.

Looks can be decieving. .it's not that easy to get this stuff off. .I've tried every chemical in the house that is suitable for this situation. I want to take it a step up. Any good reccomendations?

Have you tried just good ol' rubbing alcohol? I don't know what the iPod's made of, but alchohol is usually non-abrasive or corrosive. Good luck.

if you used goo gone or goof off or any chemical like that on your plastic, you're out of luck, it destroys plastic.

Ya unfourtunately thats why I used to try and get the previous marks off. Do you think compusa or apple can replace that plastic part?

i've honestly tried everything to get the haze off of my headlights (i used goo-gone on them, too) to no avail. i think it actually physically warps the plastic to the point of no fix. i hate to be the bearer of bad news =(

if you find anything out, let me know, i've got some headlights to fix =).

to minimize the effect of the haze get some plastic scratch remover from wal-mart or an auto parts store, then apply it about 20 times.

I am going to take it to a watch repair store to see if they can polish it up. .there's got to be a solution to this. .

:D this is some good information. i'll have to go pick some of that up.

Just be patient guys, the coats will soak in. .Then keep applying more and more until your satisfied. Do fast, circular motions applying pressure.

That is so cool! I've got some plastic stuff with cloudiness to it. I'm going to get some of that stuff and try it out. Good for you!

BTW Louisville, welcome to the boards.

Back