Well, I seem to have a problem with my desktop.... I think

DJ Dylan

Registered
Well, for some reason today, all the colors on my screen have gone to shit. Everything looks like it does in a negative of a picture. I have absolutely no idea why this has happened, or what is causing it, or how to fix it....please help. I am running a Powerbook G4 on 10.2.6. HELP!!!!!!

From System Preferences, click on Universal Access... There you will find Switch to Black and Set Display to Grayscale... You must have enabled them accidentally! Disable either one or both and you will be back on track!

Welcome and Enjoy! :D

Try to look in System Preferences -> Universal Access and switch your screen from "White on Black" to "Black on White"

You probably inadvertently pressed the keystroke combination.

Hope this works!

Edit: Damn Hulk! You're too fast ... ;) :) :D

Wow, I love you. Thanks. I have no idea how that happened. I dont think ive ever even click on Universal Access before.

Seems like a number of people must have hit that key combination, including myself when I first got X.

Yeah. That was probably it. I just got the computer about 3 or 4 months, and am still kinda learning it I guess.

Well, the key combination for that thing is the following:
ctrl+Option(alt)+Command())+*(asterisk)

I don't know if that's an easy thing to do accidentally but anyways ;)

And the attached image is the picture straight from Universal Access tab :D

Attachments

• swob.jpg
    swob.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 8
To decode that, the keyboard shortcut is Control-Option-Command-8. The carat is Control, the little squiggle with the line over it is Option, and the flower is Command. And 8, of course... the asterisk is accessed via the 8 key.

You guys want really weird, do the key combo (or choose it from Universal Access), then go to your monitor prefs, and switch the colors to thousands or millions (then click on the popup button again without changing the selection).

Very interesting ;)

Back