What do we reckon for 10.2.x or 10.3?

An Energy Saver Profile Manager would be nice, the abilty to create our own custom settings, and save them as a profile, to adjust as and when, without having to reconfigure "custom" everytime ... a toolbar icon (like that of Displays for Resolutions) would be a great way to switch through those profiles too! I think MANY of use on our "XiBooks" would appreciate this kind of feature.

Neyo

I would like to see Dock-folders, which would be interactive folders in the dock. You could, for instance make one Dock-folder in which you place all your internet applications, another for your graphic apps, etc. I know you can put a folder on the dock already. But with Dock-folders you only have to click on them to open a list, so not click-and-hold. Also you don't need to make a folder filled with aliases and put it on the dock. You create the folder in the dock and everything you drop in it will be an alias. In addition you could maybe add extra functions, like Apple scripts to it.
This would make apps like DragThing obsolete.

Also I would still like the title-bar on a window to act as a Window-menu. So, just by clicking on the title of a window (on top) you get a list with all windows that are open, maybe even arranged by application, and you can switch windows quick and easy.

In 10.2.4 there will be support for the ambient light sensor and the backlit keyboard of the 17" AlBook :D:D:D

... and drivers for FW800 and AP extreme I suppose.

I agree pretty much with Neyo on the energy profile manager too: it would really be useful.

I would like to be able to customize more settings, like the standard finder windows (change the BG color for instance or make them transparent). Sloppy focus would be a nice option. The taskbar (the one up there with the menu's and icons & clock) could get more options & functions maybe (e.g. what to display and how, some apps's menus cover most icons, making them useless).

Rather than creating dock "folders" I think they should do something similar and create dock "groups" (since they don't have the same semantics and could possibly confuse users who have real folders in their dock). Very similar to your idea, Remco, but with some more flexiblity added to them, like the ability to group applications and a few frequently used documents together in a dock group.

I don't think we will see that in 10.2.4 though, and probably not in 10.3 either. Maybe sometime though (I have sent feedback about it, so atleast I know they have heard of it from me).

Yes, I think you're right LordOphidian, groups or something would be better. By extra functions I also mean the 'groups' could be dynamic. A group can be something you throw in it (like apps, docs, maybe grouped within itself), but it can also be, for instance, all applications on your disk, all docs with the .doc extension, etc. But I would like this kind of functionality in the finder as well. So, you can make a dynamic folder with all .jpg-documents in your 'documents'-folder. I think BeOS had something like this.

Originally posted by Remco
Yes, I think you're right LordOphidian, groups or something would be better. By extra functions I also mean the 'groups' could be dynamic. A group can be something you throw in it (like apps, docs, maybe grouped within itself), but it can also be, for instance, all applications on your disk, all docs with the .doc extension, etc. But I would like this kind of functionality in the finder as well. So, you can make a dynamic folder with all .jpg-documents in your 'documents'-folder. I think BeOS had something like this.

Hmmm....

Apple-F. Search for all files containing ".doc" in "Hard Disk".

There's your window with all your .doc files! Drag an applescript that does this search automatically into the dock. Make a bunch of frequently used auto-searches.

Back