What is your favourite word in the Americano/English language?

"F*ck off" in British accent sounds pretty fun. ;)
Well, it does and it doesn't. When the Irish use the 'F' word, it never sounds vindictive.

With the British it can be used quite harmlessly, e.g. "Oh f*ck!" when something goes wrong (alhough I prefer "Oh bollocks!"), but more often than not it is used with venom.

I prefer how the Irish use the 'F' word.

You've been watch FAR too much Father Ted, "yer great feckin' eejit". :D
I did better than that. I lived in County Cork for four years. I'm not called a gobshite for nothing.

[Ted: "Chewing gum for the eyes" as he turns off the TV with impatience. Dougal: "No thanks, Ted"].

excuse me.

Is this favourite word or "woids?" As we say in New York.

If the latter, then there could be some fun stuff out there. That means expressions, joint words or some interesting curses in all languages. Why not. Maybe a nice thread to propose.

Off the top of the head: "pill." Like when you are dealing with somebody at the other end of the phone who is a real creep (nice word too). For me it was a banker today. He was so disagreable and full of himself, the only word that came to mind while talking to this guy was...."what a pill!!!!" Not a fav. but very useful in one's head. I'll dig down deeper for better ones. If good words come at the right moment (in one's mind)....they become your favourite word? "This prick was such a pill!!!!" I felf better afterwards.

something like "fooling around"…
"Esbórnia" That'll do for me

P.S. I spent a week in Slavador de Bahia many years ago. Home of Olodum.

Excuse me. Is this favourite word or "woids?" As we say in New York.

Off the top of the head: "pill." Like when you are dealing with somebody at the other end of the phone who is a real creep (nice word too). For me it was a banker today. He was so disagreable and full of himself, the only word that came to mind while talking to this guy was...."what a pill!!!!" Not a fav. but very useful in one's head. I'll dig down deeper for better ones. If good words come at the right moment (in one's mind)....they become your favourite word? "This prick was such a pill!!!!" I felf better afterwards.
I would throw up if I heard that.

Back