What kind of internet connection do you have?

What kind of connection to you have

• Dialup

• DSL

• Cable

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
from dslreports.com

my download 2427 kbps
my upload 1330 kbps

Attachments

• picture 2.pdf
    37.7 KB · Views: 3
iMan, the posts of many users to this thread definitely back up your assertions. Hulk and PDS, from Greece and Egypt respectively, have horrible DSL services, so they use dial-up. Legacy4B and TzeizKeik, from Japan and Sweden respectively, have orgasmic services. Those of us in the States have okay service, but it could definitely be better.

Originally posted by tsizKEIK
from dslreports.com

my download 2427 kbps
my upload 1330 kbps

That picture of your speed reminded me of a movie called SpaceBalls where at one scene they wanted to make fun of Star Trek Warp Speed thing.... At that scene the captain says "Put us into insane speed" or something like that :D

Still, your Internet speed my friend is beyond that! It is Paranoid Speed :p

Can I move at your house? :rolleyes: Do you need a servant or something? :D

:)

"Take us to... Ludicrous Speed!" *Gasps*

Hulk, you can come to my house if you'll pay for your own food. :)

The only thing that worries me is the trend towards monopoly for internet services, one is Comcast here in the USA who has a very large pice of the cable market.
Can your ISP block certain sites they don't want you to visit. I've heard that it's possible with cable but not with DSL, is that so?
How free and unrestricted is internet really?
Maybe I'm starting a new thread here :p

Viktor

I'm tempted to say that ANY ISP can block ANY website, regardless of what kind of service they offer. The way that the internet is delivered to your home/work has nothing to do with what the ISP can and can't do with that connection.

Just look at this site -- at the top of the page yesterday was a big link about how RoadRunner (cable) blocked a certain IP range trying to get rid of some spammers on the network, and inadvertently blocked some email accounts from here.

Back