What MacOSX.com Member Should Be on Apple's New Ad?

Bluefusion: even though he doesn't have a mac. With his Dell, he could be a great example of how painful staying in that "bad relationship" can be.;)

I can see it now:

"Hi, I've wanted a mac for the longest time, but well, I don't have one. But, I do have this fantastic Dell Optiplex! It doubles as a space heater! I can use it to, um, eh....

Who am I kidding? I hate this thing! Get a Mac NOW, I'm begging you! You don't want to turn out like me!"

(Buries face in hands, begins sobbing.)

[apple.com/switch]

:p

BlinBling!! Nobody could possibly be more excited to be using a mac than BB. and he switched to a dinasaur:p Not to mention he's been hanging around this site drooling for a long time now. He should be the "I want a Mac" posterchild!!

ok, and neyo should get an ad spot too.;)

(but only because he has learned to type english since using a mac:p )

I nominate Herve! It would sound something like:

All PC is like a cold tuna sandwich. That's why I have a Mac. That and the underwear component. It is orange.

Okay, only kidding. ;)

I nominate myself. Even though I am pretty sure it is not kosher for one to be so narcissistic as to nominate their self. But never the less I have done it.

I should be! I have been using PCs since about 1990, do Unix sysadmin, and just got a first Mac and am loving it. Then again I would probably be blatant about how I think any Mac OS before X is a steaming piece of crap, so maybe I shouldn't be there.... :D

definitely me!!!

i'd be the first token black person in there... first and foremost,
I was a longtime PC owner since 1993. DOS, Win 3.1, Win 95/98..
Now I have turned to the light after experiencing
daily crashes with my Wintel.

Originally posted by dtmdoc
definitely me!!!

i'd be the first token black person in there... first and foremost,
I was a longtime PC owner since 1993. DOS, Win 3.1, Win 95/98..
Now I have turned to the light after experiencing
daily crashes with my Wintel.

I don't see Windows 2000 or XP in there, I can see why you'd want to switch after those :)

All the best to you though, I always look at the Mac as being the computer everybody strives to design.

Andre

Originally posted by Annihilatus

I don't see Windows 2000 or XP in there, I can see why you'd want to switch after those :)

All the best to you though, I always look at the Mac as being the computer everybody strives to design.

Andre
as it turns out, the PC I use at work is Win 2K, and while
it is more stable than 95 or 98 obviously, I do experience
crashes with it. My Dad bought a Dell P4 with Win XP
(home) and I've used it, but not much..

Originally posted by dtmdoc

as it turns out, the PC I use at work is Win 2K, and while
it is more stable than 95 or 98 obviously, I do experience
crashes with it. My Dad bought a Dell P4 with Win XP
(home) and I've used it, but not much..

I always have a big sigh of relief when I get home to my Mac, but use Win2k at work. Funny a lot of you say that about 2k crashing. I don't think I have ever gotten a BSOD with 2k, and with NT4 at my last few jobs, it was so seldom that the few (literally) times it happened, it was almost novel. Meanwhile, I would hear the Mac people (OS 9) cursing all the time when their machines would crash multiple times throughout the day. Like someone said, a lot has to do with the applications you run, but also, when I help people with their machines, it appalls me how they set them up. So I think users themselves have a lot to do with it. Mac and PCs. It's a wonder sometimes how any of these people I'm thinking of get any work done at all. :)

apple/switch

"I was looking for a good portable MP3. I thought the iPod looked neat so I went to a mac store. I asked if it worked on Windows and they said "not yet." So I looked over and saw one of the new iMacs. I though I would go and play since I drove all the way out here. When I stated playing I noticed OS X. And I was hooked. Two day later I walked home with my new iPod and iMac with super dive and have never looked back.

My name is Matthew Nickler and I am an out of work actor :)"

I want to be in the switch commercial. I have a good story and I have a different job (then the rest of the people in the ads) and I am a weirdo (like the rest of the people in the ads) and I am kind of on the homely side (like the rest of the people in the ads). So that is why I think I should be in the commercial.

Back